Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Happy National Cushing's Disease Awareness Day

Today is National Cushing's Awareness Day.

I asked a few local papers (ok, is LA considered "local"? ) to do an article about Cushing's. Long story short, only one Cushing's article in the entire USA, that I can find.

Regardless, in doing my search I found an article about a new veterinarian in-house lab machine that will do endocrinology tests while the patients wait.

MEANWHILE, I had my post-op gallon of blood drawn on Saturday. It is Tuesday and I am checking my online fax account for the results umpteen times a day.

Allow me to repeat this, because I do not have enough swear words in my vocabulary:
VETERINARIAN IN-HOUSE LAB EQUIPMENT - PRODUCING RESULTS FOR ANIMALS AND THEIR OWNERS WHILE THEY WAIT

I give up. I give up. I give up.

I'm going to schedule an appointment with a veterinarian. Canine cushing's disease: They get all the press, no one doubts them and now they can get their results in the office. WTF???

No comments: