Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I've had it. Up to my neck, err - brain.

My brain is still leaking. Dammit.

"My brain is leaking! My brain is leaking!"





Friday will mark four weeks since surgery and I am spitting mad that they didn't believe me when I told them I had a leak at the hospital. Sorry, dear city of Houston, I don't think we have a future together. We don't seem to mesh well. ;)

I've tried laying flat on my back every night when I sleep and it isn't helping. Can I just say I deserve a medal for even sleeping like that for one night, let alone four or five? Yes, I do. I've had to resort to sleeping on the couch so that the width of sleeping area discourages my sleeping self from turning.

I'm trying to arrange for the radiological tests to determine the exact location of the drip, and have an appointment with an ENT/surgeon on Monday. There is no way I am going under without them knowing exactly where to stick in a plug. *sigh*

I started the daily growth hormone shots seven days ago. It is really starting to help. Now I can almost actually lift my feet when I walk. Yeehaw!

I'm making an effort to get off of the steroids so that I can start testing again soon. I managed to drop from 60mg of cortef to 20mg in less than five days. *blowing on knuckles, rubbing on chest* Holy wean, Batman! :)

No comments: