Saturday, October 07, 2006

"But you look so good!"

What kind of planet are these people from? They know I have tumors, they know my adrenals have shut down, they know I am in constant pain w/ Fentanyl to get me through the day without chanting "please let me die", and even with it the breakthrough pain is pretty bad. The hydrocortisone, fat chipmunk cheeks and constant sweat dripping down my forehead keeps me looking 'robust' I imagine. Nonetheless it is enough to make me want to scream.

"Oh, you had to literally crawl up and down the stairs last week because you were so sick. And no one cared so they left you home with the 4-1/2 year old and 2 year old. *tsk tsk* "But you look so well!" Excuse me while I use my very last bit of energy to wrap my hands around their neck. Punch them in the chest so they can experience some of my unstable angina. *Good Lord give me strength!*

No comments: